Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oh my Shoeness

Lets be honest... as much as I love clothes, I'm an accessories girl! A designer weakling... I managed Shoe Departments for a few years and then went on to sell Designer Handbags. I've encountered the most beautiful luxurious, well made pieces with world's finest materials and craftsmanship... I believe shoes and handbags are just as much of an accessory as a diamond necklace is. I would wear t-shirts and jeans every day with a great pair of heels and a killer handbag over any piece of clothing. These are are my favorite heels right now until we see some of the Spring 2012 Collections.

(I love the details on both the Nicholas Kirkwood Suede and Snakeskin Sandal and YSL Wedged Heel)

(OH Prada, Come to Mama!!! Ever since Tommy Ton got a snap of these Black Suede Prada Platforms from the Paris Coutoure shows, I've been obsessed! And lets not ignore the Prada on the right.... Le sigh...)


(Prints, textures and materials can transform the simplest of shoes. These are the same Christian Louboutin's from my post here, only  I found them in Suede! And I love Brian Atwood's take on the Harrison Hidden Platform heel in leopard printed pony hair)

large product image
(Those who know me best, know that I love no designer more than Christian Louboutin. There is no other man that knows how to make a woman feel sexy the way he does. His insane designs, the arch of his shoes, the short cut toe, the materials and that heel are all reasons why he is the god of the shoe world.)


(The pointed toe is back and I'm surprisingly super excited about it! This Givenchy toe plated shorter heel and Christian Louboutin Priscilla Spiked heel are amazing modern, sexy and not so conservative versions of the classic pointed toe. 
ELIE SAAB Cutout Suede High Heels
(For those of you who wear 5" heels like I used to, how excited were you when the thick wooden 70's inspired heel came back? As I am sure you've mastered the art of walking on stilts, there's just nothing like walking with a little bit more stability. I LOVE this Elie Saab Cut Out Suede High Heel and Jeffery Campbell's awesome version which instead of $540, come in a variety of colors textures and styles all ranging around $130! )


(Booties... Lace-ups, cut-outs, distressed, polished, wedged.... Doesn't matter who, what, where or how, they are TO DIE FOR. These are my absolute favorite! From Left Clockwise: Alexander McFreakingQueen (RIP), Michael Kors [Right?], YSL Hortense Cut Out, and of course Alexander Wang
 Jimmy Choo 
Alexander McQueen 
 (These boots are so freaking cool I'd wear them even now in the middle of the Mediterranean summer heat wave [if I owned them, that is]. From the top: Jimmy Choo biker boot, Alexander McQueen Charm Boot, Chloe Concealed Wedge boot.)

Spring 2012 Sneak Peak 
Photo Courtesy of Fashionologie
(Nickolas Kirkwood)

Derek Lamb for Todd's

Jimmy Choo


Giuseppe Zanotti

No comments:

Post a Comment